31 Aug Commercial Photography And All You Need To Know About It
Commercial photography is becoming popular these days. However, if you think it’s about vast teams creating images for a studio, well, you are wrong. Commercial photography is much more than what you think it is. So, if you want to be a Commercial product photographer, here is everything you want to know about commercial photography.
What is commercial photography?
Commercial photography is a summation of a wide range of photography niches. Here are the most common commercial photography types to make it easy for you to understand.
• Fashion Photography: When we said the types of commercial photography, fashion photography has to sneak in the list. This types of photography projects can happen anywhere in the studios and the outdoors. However, commercial photographers of these kinds should have the skills to dictate their models accurately.
• Product Photography: This is a broad category of commercial photography too. In most of the cases, the photographers choose the studio shoot for this kind as they can use the backdrop, they think is suitable. This type of photography can also happen outdoors.
• Food Photography: Food photography is another kind of commercial photography that we all do, but to post it on Instagram later. Ever thought you could do this by profession? Well, food photography is a great career option. However, you gotta be working with a food stylist for that.
• Environmental Portraits: This is another style of commercial photography where the photographer has to click photos of people in their work environment. For example, you can go to a nursery and click pictures of the employees there. In this kind of commercial photography, you may need special permissions to enter those sites.
• Headshot: The most common commercial photography type is Headshots. In this kind of photography, you are going to promote the persons’ services mainly. Headshot, although it is fun, it requires skill to dictate your subject with different posses.
• Commercial Architectural Photography: This category of commercial photography involves taking photos of space for commercial purpose. This can be both to show an architectural design or the appeal of a retail store.
Now that you know the different types of commercial photography, here are some tips to help your photo season go smooth.
• Be clear on your client’s needs: Keep your mind clear about the needs of your client. Do they need several photos? Do they have a hard limit on their budget that can affect your work or anything like that? Be very clear about their demands.
• Double-check all the additional costs. Tell your client that the certain extra things they are asking for may affect the final costs.
• Be clear about the photos and the usage rights with your client.
• Always keep your networks active. That is going to give you referrals.
So, these were the things you need to know about commercial photography. Check the tips out there and you will make your photography sessions smooth.